I know that for many of us (myself included), the warm weather will soon be coming to an end. But ever since coming across the following recipe, I wish that summer could last (almost) all year long! This pie is quick, easy, and oh-so-perfect for those warm, cozy summer nights spent with with good friends. Feel free to substitute the black raspberries for red raspberries, or even cherries or blueberries, depending on your preference.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Freeze Time: 4 – 24 hours (but who could resist eating it for a whole 24 hours???)
Bake Time: 5 minutes
1 9-inch graham cracker crumb pie shell (no, it does not need to be homemade!)
1 egg white, beaten
1 cup of whipping cream (NOT whipped cream!)
1 8-ounce package of cream cheese (you can use light cream cheese if you want to feel less guilty)
1 10-ounce jar of black raspberry spread/jam/preserves
Fresh black raspberries, lemon peel twists, and/or mint leaves (these are optional garnishes)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Brush the pie shell with the beaten egg white.
- Bake the pie shell for 5 minutes, and then remove and put on a wire rack to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the whipping cream with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until peaks form, and then set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, beat the softened cream cheese (you can soften it in the microwave) with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until smooth.
- Add the black raspberry spread to the bowl with the cream cheese and mix on low until combined.
- Fold the whipped cream into the raspberry-cream cheese bowl using a spatula.
- Spoon the mixture into the cooled pie shell.
- Cover and freeze for 4 to 24 hours or until firm.
- Add your garnishes and serve!
Makes approximately 8 servings.